Full-Time Constituency Office Manager
The Office of Ziad Aboultaif, MP for Edmonton Manning is seeking a Full-Time Constituency Office Manager to work in the Edmonton Office.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Clarissa Schurter, Executive Assistant no later than Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
• Manage the day-to-day operation of the office
• Oversee work of other staff
• Assist management of phone and email queries in the Constituency Office
• Manage case files on behalf of constituents
• Manage the Member’s constituency calendar
• Maintain constituency CRM database (CivicTrack) for all case files, correspondence, etc.
• Schedule and coordinate constituency requests/invitations, meetings and engagements
• Attend meetings with or for the Member
• Prepare background briefing notes and research for meetings and engagements
• Organize and maintain stakeholder lists
• Support the Member at constituency engagements
• Monitor constituency media and community notices for upcoming events
• Familiarity with all services offered by a Federal MP, including case work, meetings, events, certificates, networking
• Excellent writing and verbal skills
• Professionalism, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
• Strong organizational skills
• High degree of flexibility with changing workplans including evening and weekend work
• An ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• A post-secondary degree in political science, communications or a related field
• Experience with customer service
• Relevant experience in a political environment
• Familiarity with political party policies
• Familiarity with federal politics
• Strong research, writing, communication and analytical skills
• Experience with media relations, communications and social media platforms
• An ability to manage many tasks at once
• High degree of flexibility in work schedule to accommodate meetings and events outside of regular office hours.